- The CHIPP Prize 2014
for the best PhD student in experimental or theoretical particle
physics is open for applications, with a deadline on 31 March
- At the start of 2014, Olivier Schneider (EPFL) succeeds
Klaus Kirch (ETHZ&PSI) as the new CHIPP Chair. There is also
a hand over for the CHIPP Administrator with Marc Türler
succeeding to Jean-Pierre Ruder, who retired in Jan. 2014.
The CHIPP Board thanks Jean-Pierre for his excellent work over
the last five years, and wishes him a happy and relaxing retirement.
- In its session of 4 November 2013, the CHIPP Board
has elected Olivier Schneider (EPFL) as new CHIPP Chair, succeeding
to Klaus Kirch (ETHZ & PSI). His mandate is 2 years, starting
on 1 January 2014. At the same meeting, the CHIPP Board has approved
the activities for 2014, together with the budget and the membership
fee. The minutes of the meeting can be found here.
- The CERN Council has elected Tatsuya Nakada (EPFL)
as Chair of the prestigious CERN Scientific Policy Committee.
His mandate is one year – renewable twice – and starts
on 1 January 2014. Congratulations from CHIPP!
- CHIPP meetings in 2014 are set as follows (please
block the dates in your diary):
- The CHIPP Plenary 2014 will take place on 30
June in Fribourg; for the first time the meeting is held in conjunction
with the Annual Meeting of the Swiss Physical Society SPS
- The CHIPP Board meetings in 2014 are set on 7
March (Berne), 30 June (Fribourg), and 6 November (location tbd)
- The CHIPP EB meeting calendar for 2014 can be